Thread: Windows 11
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2021, 12:59   #147
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Windows 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
was the machine connected to a network and have internet access? I always disconnect internet when doing Windows installs
Yes it was, including a second attempt where I uninstalled f-secure and drivers for cameras etc. Same error.

Can I assume that having the internet disconnected stops the installer looking for updates and thereby causing it to fall over? You next answer will tell me whether I want to continue with this or not.

I got a warning telling me that even if I do manage to install W11, I won't get build updates anyway. If that is the case, my attempts end here.

BTW Thanks for your help so far.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote