View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 21:46   #438
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, and if you recognise that many people have at least two or three streamers, you want your subscribers to be constantly reminded of their content that they want to see by being reminded of those programmes through their watchlists.

If two streamers are integrated but the third isn’t, who do you think is going to get less hits?

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

I don’t buy that at all, Chris. As far as branding is concerned, when you pick a programme from the watchlist, the system takes you to the streamer’s logo, so it is very clear who it is providing the content.

This is not just me saying this - there have been a number of findings that viewers want everything in one box. Those streamers who don’t promote this will ultimately lose out on viewers.
I know you don’t buy it - the very essence of all this forum’s “future TV” threads is your inability to differentiate between your preferences and market trends. If you had some sense of how what you like is not necessarily what drives the industry, we’d have little to discuss.

In the real world beyond your sofa, businesses that have spent millions on bespoke search, watchlist and recommendation algorithms in order to create an end-to-end user experience, do not easily give that up and tell themselves a 5-second studio ident at the start of the reel is an adequate substitute. That you claim that is adequate really only demonstrates how blinkered your personal preferences have made you here.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote