Old 09-03-2021, 22:00   #1519
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Half hearted response to my compliant here:

"Thank you for your patience in this matter! I apologize for the delay in response. I understand your concern about the package. Your feedback about including UHD with the package that you are in is considered and it will be sent to the respective managers to improve the service in the future."

Apparently they tried to ring me (they didn't) and the email states I've now been "educated". It doesn't even feel like they read my email, so maybe a copy and paste reply.
It will be copy pasted. It also appears to be the norm for them to say that they tried to ring people these days; the internet is full of people saying that this isn't true. Not a good idea to lie whilst people are at home during lockdown as that covers their landline & mobile. Someone ought to try to find a way to get them to disclose their phone records if possible.

As for 'educated', i'm aftaid i'd take exception to that. Again, this is part of the copy/paste crap that they spew out- it's also got connotations that the problem was the fault of the customer and that they lack intelligence.

I'd use the same tactics that I outlined to Rob. You have a 90% chance of success and, even if you lose and have to pay them £72, you can obtain some comfort that they had to pay out at least £150, so didn't benefit by what they did.

They also fail to realise that customers can play dirty too.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote