View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 23:20   #40
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Hamas terrorists invade Israel, kill civilians and take hostages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Sounds like you are grasping at straws to insert your own fanciful prejudice to give meaning to Corbyn’s words that isn’t actually there.

Considering everyone predicts the current trajectory to be more war and more bloodshed he’s clearly right that the status quo is not sustainable.

Pierre and yourself have quite eloquently outlined the alternative - essentially a genocide.

I don’t think my view of Corbyn is at all fanciful when his comments are taken in the round, especially in the context of who he has chosen to be seen with, and who he has called his friends over many years. But in the grand scheme of things that’s a sideshow and I have no intention of going on about it for the next 10 pages.

What’s more concerning is that when you look at the conflict, all the way back to its 19th century roots, I think it becomes clear that if there is ever a permanent ‘solution’ it will have been wrought by one side pretty much eliminating the other. If there isn’t a solution then we will continue with a version of the status quo. A state and a non-state, uneasy neighbours occasionally flaring up into murderous cycles of bloodletting.

The so-called ‘two-state solution’ died some time ago but nobody is yet willing to stand up and say so.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote