Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 20:39   #4596
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
For point A) you’re assuming there’s AstraZeneca product unused, discarded or not being produced as a result of these decisions. I highly doubt this is the case - manufacturing of all vaccines will be at maximum capacity for some time. We are already talking about an Autumn booster - that’ll presumably be higher priority than customers further down the AZ order books.
I think it’s a matter of record that thousands of doses of the AZ vaccine, are going unused in Germany/ France and elsewhere.

As vaccine use will be an ongoing process, it makes sense for other developers to try and stall a successful rollout of a dominant product so they get their product out there and try and get a foothold going forward, and be able to say that they don’t have issues and chequered history the AZ product had.

Quote:
For point B) discredit it to who?
the consumer. If your population refuse to use the AZ vaccine due to discrediting mis-information, well here is a “safe” vaccine backed by the French/German* governments ( *delete as a applicable), manufactured in France/Germany etc.....use this instead.

Quote:
For point C) what you’ve not grasped, and nor did tin foil hat man, is that ending lockdowns and restrictions is worth tens of billions to global economies. The relative buttons spent in vaccine development in the US, EU and UK on products that might never see the light of day is neither here nor there by comparison. No taxpayer is likely to feel that strongly about unsuccessful developments or a short term price premium being paid. Relative to our test and trace system that didn’t work, or dodgy lateral flow tests that are no more reliable than a coin toss, it’s small beer.
You have a point here. That said even with vaccines , presently, the appetite for coming out of lockdown across europe is still low.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I was not talking to you
I was talking to you.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Pierre isn’t a denier in that he recognises Covid exists, he just doesn’t think it’s as serious as almost every country in the world is treating it.

He did give me my personal highlight of this thread when he was adamant that the schools wouldn’t close to most pupils in January as he assumed a degree of consistency and competency in Government.
True, on all points.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
so he is denying the reality of the situation then
Nope.

Quote:
well I did say I had nothing to add but that was not good enough for him
To have something to add, presupposes that you had something to start with.