View Single Post
Old 17-04-2021, 18:04   #1
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Vodaphone/City Fibre Gigafast router. Modem-only mode?

I'm looking into switching from VM to a combination of Vodaphone Gigafas with standalone Sky TV. Currently, I use my own router set up using a GT AX11000 with AiMesh for all routing and WiFi.

Will the Vodaphone router allow modem-only mode? If not, is there a workaround?

My question is working under the assumption that the Gigafast modem/router isn't up to much for those of us who want to do more with our routers, but I see from videos that it does have port forwarding capability and VPN, although I'm not sure of the security standard of the VPN. Perhaps the kit is good enough for me to give up on having my own router arrangement, especially given that Vodaphone provide their own WiFi boosters for full house coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub1D...odafoneIreland
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote