View Single Post
Old 14-08-2021, 15:53   #12
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sky One to close

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
No the Superhero shows will be on Sky Max ,

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

It's the Simpsons that is staying on Sky Showcase.

Also I presume in future live football (like last night) will be on Sky Showcase with the Movies Sky One used to air on Sky Showcase aswell.
I'd read that about The Simpsons, I wonder what I read that I misunderstood about the Superhero shows.

Yeah, that was my interpretation about the likes of football and movies too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
As I understand it, Sky Showcase is showing content taken from other Sky channels. The same principle as Sky Sports Main Event.

I didn’t think that anything on Sky Showcase would be exclusive to that channel, but maybe Sky is only loosely applying that principle.

I guess we’ll see when the listings are published.
Of the many things I read, and obviously subsequently partially misremembered, the bit that mentioned The Simpsons did so with the suggestion that shows whose future with Sky was uncertain and unlikely to continue, would be on Showcase, whilst the rest would be on Max, Max basically being Sky1 in all but name and EPG position.

Though I too understood it to be the equivalent of Main Event, the implementation can surely only be loose as whereas sport events are one-offs, Showcase will have episodes of Series. If they only ever had a schedule of Episode 1's, amongst the one-off sport and movies, then it's possible people would avoid the channel as they'd go straight to the other channel in question instead, as outside of sport and movies everyone who has one Sky Entertainment channel has them all (on Satellite at least) anyway. I could be wrong, maybe most people won't think like that.

I'm expecting whole series, but just their Series 1 as a taster to get you hooked. So maybe they'll show say Series 1 in the lead up to Series 4 starting on its relevant Sky channel, tell you that Series 2 and 3 are On-Demand in a Boxset and time it such, scheduling-wise, that you'll probably have finished those by Series 4 starting on the relevant Sky channel.

Like you say, we'll soon say. Listings are normally a few weeks ahead so we'll likely find out early this week.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote