View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 12:32   #112
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
No matter which way you look at it it is bad for the cinemas. People like you and I may still make the effort to go to the cinema but I imagine at least half the time families will think twice and try and stay in with children and say they'll get a pizza from Asda and some sweets and have a cinema at home and save a fortune. The chances of everybody still going to the cinema and nobody watching vod on release is 0 so cinemas are going to lose money, it is just a question of whether it is 5% of your customers, 10% or I would say more likely 20%.

Unless you are a movie fan most people only go to the cinema a few times a year to see the big films so when other films come round that you could perhaps you could compromise on you are going to do it and this year's film list has many examples. Without going through all of them, I think we can all agree that we would have been happy watching Underwater, Fantasy Island and The Invisible Man at home at not venturing out to the cinema for it for all the expense it incurs.
The Vue chief Tim Richards believes UK cinemas could reopen as early as mid-July in time for the launch of the latest Christopher Nolan film.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...says-vue-boss/

Quote:
“We can actually control how many people go into our cinema at any given time. We have the ability to schedule our films separately and we have the ability to control entrances and exits for customers.
Quote:
“We have operating systems in place today which allow social distancing and cocooning within the cinema for couples, individuals or families who want to watch a movie.”