View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 14:17   #39
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The u-turn has been too quick and too comprehensive for senior cabinet members to have been fully up to speed and supportive of this. Don’t get me wrong, if their eyes were off the ball they shoulder their share of the blame, but I don’t think this can have been initiated, planned and signed off at the top. It has been put together lower down the food chain and signed off by ministers who have had their minds on other things.
Unsurprisingly the Government that can do no wrong has… yet again… not done any wrong.

Your confidence in their competence far, far exceeds mine.

I’m curious at what point would/could they make a mistake that can’t be blamed on junior ministers, the civil service, a ramshackle group of behavioural scientists/sociologists, the private sector not delivering, etc.

It’s equally likely, if not more probable, at a senior level they believed they could rush this through precisely because everyone else was distracted by COP26. The state propaganda machine that is the BBC - via Laura Kuessenberg - pushing the narrative that this was a Westminster village story didn’t spawn itself into existence all by itself.

Last edited by jfman; 04-11-2021 at 14:23.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote