View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 19:58   #4
chocky909
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband BT Phone Sky+ TV Primark Undies
chocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Thinking of moving to SKY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
1. We have Sky+ on an ntl line. Works OK but the thing is just connected to the phone for the PPV services if you wanna subscribe via phone, usage stats etc.
Ok, well that's not a problem, I'll just decide whether to go back to BT or not after speaking to 'retentions' as long as there are definately no drawbacks (besides it being NTL)

Quote:
2. They'll install a phone splitter or something, to get the cable to the sky box.
Hopefully

Quote:
3. dunno

Quote:
4. ring sky, high street and other stores also sell Sky.
I could do that, I was just wondering if there was any point. I've only ever seen the '3 months 1/2 price' which is sometimes 4 months.

Quote:
5. you could try digital spy but the least said about there the better, least said soonest mended and all that.
Care to expand on that? I've been there a few times, mainly to discuss my Freeview PVR. Always seemed quite civil...? Are you talking about the 'social' threads?

Quote:
Don't get an Amstrad box though, they really are the pits.
I assume you're talking about a box I might get as a replacement for the multiroom. Which are the good ones then? Do you know where the best place to get them is? Ebay? Maybe I could get a cool 'modded' one with 500GB hard drive or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
If you have more than one sky box then they have to be connected to the phone line permanently. This is so that sky can check you haven't given one to your mate down the road.
Hmmm... so you could have a cable trailing from you satellite/junction box to your next door neighbours TV, but not a cable connected from your phone line? If you're going to do one, surely the other is no trouble.

Anyway, I'll just have to pit up with the whole evil Big Brother Rupert Murdoch **** thing.
chocky909 is offline   Reply With Quote