View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 20:48   #2114
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, when I lived in West Berlin in the 70s and 80s, the flats we were in in RAF Gatow (which had been built in the 50s) had triple glazing, between floor insulation, wall insulation, and thick insulated doors at the entrance to the building and the individual flats, and when I visited colleagues in other parts of West Berlin, that seemed standard…
I actually got as far as finding at least anecdotal evidence for triple glazing being commonplace in Norway as far back as the mid 1950s, and typical insulation depths and specifications, before I decided I couldn’t be bothered getting sucked in to feeding Nomad’s knee-jerk gainsaying of anything he reads on here.

There’s tons of material online for anyone who’s genuinely interested in learning stuff rather than just picking fights.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote