View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 08:53   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Problem with MIRC and MSN on new router, please help

Morning Simcut,

I've had a few problems which are similar to yours but with a different router.

My problems with signal strength were down to intereference being picked up on the default channel on the router. After I changed the chanel I got a much better signal / reception.

Have a look at the documentation that came with it (or at the user control panel) and see if you can find what channel it is on and then change the channel so that it is the one furthest from the default channel. ie if your current (default) channel is 8 and the range is 1 - 11 then move to channel 1.
You might have to do this a couple of times until you find the best channel for you.

Unfortunately there are all sorts of things that can cause this: microwaves, cordless phones etc. The only way to try and sort it out is by trial and error really.

AsAs far as the file sending thing is concerned I would agree with mixteus, sounds like a firewall problem to me. I take it that these functions work ok when the PC is hard-wired to the router and not on the wireless connection?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote