Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 16:07   #5744
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
tbf, you predicted in November there wouldn’t be a second wave…

Where as, in fact…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...econd-23429602
Correct, but to be clear I didn't predict anything, as I'm not a scientist but I did repeat what a scientist had predicted and at the time I posted it, it was panning out that way. Cases had started to come down, look at any graph will show you that. Then the Kent Variant appeared and cases then sky rocketed.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
When it comes to predictions about restrictions, jfman is where I would place my money. Others seem to predict what they want to hear as oppose to what an evidence-based decision is likely to be. Didn't someone on here predict that the schools would never re-open for just a day or two, jfman said that would happen and they did open for a day or two before closing again!
Yes that was me, but again, that was not a "prediction". I just said I couldn't believe that they would open for just one day and that it would be madness if they opened for just one day.

I just underestimated the madness.

But no doubt our resident archivist will advise.