View Single Post
Old 27-03-2023, 08:44   #4
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Regular evening blip.on Vodafone/CityFibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Has anyone else been getting an unusual blip on their Think Broadband quality monitor? The blip has occurred since 14th March.
The only effect on service seems to be on gaming. My sons report heavy lag. I measured jitter during that time. It is over 7ms.
Here's a graph from today. Notice also the red bunting at the top of the graph! This has occurred for the last three days.

I tried to call Vodafone during the evening when the problem is occuring, so they could check the connection at that time, but of course no one is available to speak to then. Online experts also stop at 8.00pm. When I rang this morning, they came out with their usual nonsense that they couldn't help me because I'm using my own router! This is why I am checking here if others are having the same issue. Here's a link to a discussion I am having on the forums. There are others having the problem.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Sounds like vodafone support is reliant on old school ISP tech support script, where the end user's equipment must be diagnosed first before considering their own network, and you using your own router stopped the script in its tracks.

Escalate or leave I guess.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote