Thread: 1000M Vodafone 4G backup
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2023, 16:52   #17
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough
Re: Vodafone 4G backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
Well, that was the answer. Thank you.
I turned off my power line adapter and all is fine.
Not sure why it would connect to my power line adapter rather than through Virgin. The only Vodafone network I can ‘see’ is secured and I wouldn’t know the password. But all seems fine now.
When I check on Virgins service status it says no problems in my area but when I check my equipment it says there is a known issue and their engineers are working to fix it.
When I phone I get automated messages telling me they are working hard to fix the issue and will text me with updates.
After one week it was as simple as turning off my power line adaptor..
MySamknows Whiebox now shows 941Mbps as opposed to the 10-20Mbps it has been showing all week but now won’t let me run Reaalspeed tests.
When I check on Virgin I still get e attached, but al seems to be working fine with my broadband. Just got to see if my TV will work now.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I knew it had to be something like this.. Power line adaptors are notorious for causing these issues due to the way the power grid works they can leak out into other properties.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote