Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 18:22   #782
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Might it not be that the men go out to work, etc to a much greater extent than women, particularly in some ethnic groups.

Unlike your second and third paragraphs, I have at least provided sources for my suggestions.

So there hasn't been any large weddings parties, funerals, shisha "clubs", etc caught out? How many haven't been caught out and made the news?

Link
Quote:
A Lancashire mosque where more than 250 mourners attended a funeral last week despite coronavirus restrictions has been forced to close.
An activity that involves sharing saliva isn't a great idea.
Link
Quote:
Police have closed a shisha cafe after finding about 150 people inside, days after the venue was hit with a £10,000 fine for Covid-19 breaches.
The venue had broken restrictions earlier this month, police said.
Certainly at least one hospital(out of how many that have been examined recently? and that I know of) has been criticised for lack of enhanced hygiene behaviour. One of the factors has been blamed on BAME being in the NHS. It was a question, rather than a statement.
At least I have more of a basis than the usual screaming of unsubstantiated claims of "institutionalised racism".
Eg Link
Quote:
Covid-19 has "thrived" among black, Asian and ethnic minority (BAME) communities because of structural race discrimination, a Labour report says.
Its author, Baroness Lawrence, said these groups were "over-exposed" and faced "barriers" to healthcare.
Iran has been badly affected, so how does that fit in?
Senior BAME NHS staff have been affected, so again how does that fit in?