View Single Post
Old 30-12-2021, 20:51   #1138
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Exclamation Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Another suicide, this time a paramedic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59741839.amp

Nobody knows what someone is going through in private and the effects that their actions can cause.

To question my disability because I have been successful in posting coherently is totally out of order. The two that are doing it have no idea what accessibility aids I use, how many people facilitate my attempts to lead a normal life or the number of times that I have had to edit or abandon posts.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
The problem is that today we have people who believe they have the right to go anywhere on the internet and never have a bad experience and now want that guaranteed by law which is ridiculous. If an individual keeps returning to a website where they have a negative response then they are making a choice to expose themself to that negative experience and it shouldn't be on the website to change to accommodate that individual.

It's down to common sense and personal responsibility, now if a person is followed wherever they go and individually targeted then that's different and the law already provided the means to deal with it. Right now we are seeing a huge expansion of censorship online and offline and often those demanding it say they support free speech while doing everything they can to close it down we are getting closer to Orwell's 1984 not further away
People do have the right not to be abused, harassed, discriminated against etc online and this is what these new laws aim to achieve.

The consultation has now closed, but you as an individual had the right to put your view forward.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote