Thread: General Analogue Cable Memories
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 14:08   #16
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Analogue Cable Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I was with Bell Cablemedia originally, think that went to Cable and Wireless, then NTL, now VM. (someone need to looks into VMs monopoly these days....)

The box was a Jerrold and incredibly hot - it provided central heating for the room ! Treated myself to cable in time for the 1996 Cricket World Cup ! Of course didn't tell Mrs K. that was the reason, until it was all too late to cancel ! Didn't take telephone till much later, remember they provided free dial up internet but was very slow to roll out - as soon as it came to my area they decided to charge - still aggrieved about that one.

One of the most memorable cable analogue nights was when the Adult channel became unscrambled for everybody Someone lost their job I guess, but there was a lot of very satisfied/pretending to be outraged customers Took ages for anyone to report it for some reason....
Johnny come lately - I was with Jones Cable in Leeds before BCM took them over (I also worked at Jones Cable/BCM/CWC).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote