View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 08:18   #22
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Is it time to leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Just to following up on this entitled work of fiction: the generation OB & I belong to had the best of it. We have stable careers, stable country, low house-to-salary ratios, free University, good healthcare, etc. etc. Our childrens' generation have none of this, in part, due to the deliberate choices of people like OB.

These people who basically just had good timing being born now complain when people challenge these political choices. When people don't agree with their rose tinted view of reality and raise issues relating to this reality, the response has to be one of deflection, distraction and personal criticism. There is nothing left ..

We need to remodel the economy, patterned on the Scandinavian or Nordic Model. The high net worth individuals need to be taxed more: on wealth, not income to redistribute some of the gains made over the last 40 years of trickle up free market economics.

Lastly, with these changes, I personally would be paying more in taxes. I have no problem doing this as I believe in this country, unlike others who just want to take all the money they can and contribute nothing in return.
My generation too.