View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 20:47   #17
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Is it time to leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That is so right, tweetie. If you are focussed on doing well and you are organised in your approach, you won’t go far wrong.

The whiners amongst us will complain no matter what and will never succeed.

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

Oh diddums, what a pathetic lot of vitriol. My generation, on the whole, has faced many difficulties over the years and have risen above it and succeeded in life.

No major war, sustained economic growth, selling off the family silver and mortgaging future generations wealth. Sure, times was tough.

Quote:
This is despite high interest rates that nearly got the better of those who had saved up to get mortgages during the seventies, eighties and nineties they could barely pay.
Historic revisionism of the highest order. Any comparison of average earnings to average house prices proves you wrong.

Quote:
You talk about the older generation as if they had special privileges, so why am I seeing my daughters doing just as well or better, and other people they went to school with doing well for themselves as well?
I love small observational studies. I thought Brits were all workshy and lazy, and this was stifling our capability for growth?

Quote:
If you have a negative approach to everything and you are constantly feeling jealous of people who have more than you, you will never, ever succeed.
any evidence for this, at all? What’s the difference between being jealous and being aspirational? Isn’t wanting more the same as entrepreneurial spirit?

Quote:
I am proud to live in this country. I don’t hark back to our former empire as people like you like to believe because I didn’t live through it and I have no desire to take over and enslave other countries.

I used to want to live in the US, but now I’m older, this does not seem such a desirable move. When I look around, I see that this must be the best place to live and others seem to agree because they all want to come here.

So, sorry, I cannot agree with your depressing view of it all and can only suggest that you emigrate if things are that bad in your opinion, but don’t just sit there at your computer moaning about everything. That will achieve nothing, I’m afraid.

From a man sitting at his computer moaning about people moaning.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote