View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 18:59   #16
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Is it time to leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Oh diddums, what a pathetic lot of vitriol. My generation, on the whole, has faced many difficulties over the years and have risen above it and succeeded in life. This is despite high interest rates that nearly got the better of those who had saved up to get mortgages during the seventies, eighties and nineties they could barely pay.

You talk about the older generation as if they had special privileges, so why am I seeing my daughters doing just as well or better, and other people they went to school with doing well for themselves as well?

If you have a negative approach to everything and you are constantly feeling jealous of people who have more than you, you will never, ever succeed.

I am proud to live in this country. I don’t hark back to our former empire as people like you like to believe because I didn’t live through it and I have no desire to take over and enslave other countries.

I used to want to live in the US, but now I’m older, this does not seem such a desirable move. When I look around, I see that this must be the best place to live and others seem to agree because they all want to come here.

So, sorry, I cannot agree with your depressing view of it all and can only suggest that you emigrate if things are that bad in your opinion, but don’t just sit there at your computer moaning about everything. That will achieve nothing, I’m afraid.
Oh dear, where to start. Let me start saying that, personally, I am very successful. I have no need to be jealous of people for financial reasons. Far from it.

Your misrepresentation of your (and my) generation is so far from the truth it is laughable. I am not going to waste my time trying to correct you. There is no point in that you will never accept evidence-based reasoning. Your forum history demonstrates this. Again, the suggestion to "emigrate" is so perverse to be a sick joke. You literally took away that option.

Last edited by Paul; 04-09-2022 at 23:04. Reason: Reference to 'personal' insults removed, I see no such insults in the quoted post, or your reply.
ianch99 is offline   Reply With Quote