Thread: Streaming Squid Game
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2021, 17:57   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Squid Game

Watched a couple of episodes.

I don't like it. Not worried by the violence. Violence doesn't bother me. What does bother me is to identify with a story, I have to feel something for at least one of the characters. I don't have to like them, but as long as I feel something, I am happy. I don't feel anything for any of the characters in this. They are just a bunch of generic, badly written losers being played with by a bad company staffed by people with such a lack of personality, they might just as well be robots.

Also, the dubbing. I have no problem with dubbing if it is well done. With most games, the sound department do a good job of making the voice actor sound like they are speaking where the character is sited. If the character is in a large room, the voice actor sounds like they are in a large room. I don't watch many dubbed movies or shows, but the ones that do it well also do this. Squid game doesn't. Every character sounds exactly the same no matter what environment they are in. I haven't heard dubbing this bad since the 90s, when they first added speech to computer games.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote