View Single Post
Old 15-02-2023, 17:03   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Mobile sim card ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Yes my main phone is dual sim with a Three PAYG sim at the moment and I sometimes add John's GiffGaff sim as he hates having the phone with him. I am married to an entrenched Luddite and after 50+ years so I know when I need to give in.
I will probable swap the 3 sim over to the " car" phone and what balence that's left on it will probably last for enogh time to see how I get on with the 1p mobile setup. Any idea if I can move my phone number a month or so after I start using a different service and whilst both accounts would be active?

As far as I can see I would have to pay £10 every 120 days and any money unused is carried over to be used if I exceed the allowances. From what I have read if the balence goes over £10 then I could choose to use that to fund the next 120 days. (1p's minimum requirement was abandoned in 2021)
I mainly use Whattsapp over my WiFi since becoming housebound, so most of my credit is just building up.

I shall use it if I go outsida and for when I go into hospital for voice calls and data.

If you ever leave, all credit is lost. In this scenario I would use it all up by ringing one of those premium rate charity numbers used to generate donations.

I've set up my credit card to pay the £10 everyc4 months as, if this isn't paid on time after texts/emails have been sent, they cut you off, all credit is lost and, presumably, you then lose your number so cannot port it to anywhere else.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote