Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2021, 19:40   #8402
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
FFS, Project Fear & Paranoia in full swing again.
Sounds like it.

But it does make sense to be cautious if you're not sure. It's new in SA and there may not have been enough time to know if it's going to cause a rise in hospitalisations yet. But one of the SA medical chiefs says that the symptoms are mild - she has said they aren't seeing the loss of taste/smell, only a slight cough, muscle/headache in people who are testing positive. If that is the extent of it, how much does it matter how transmissible it is or how much it evades previous immunity.

We don't even really know where it came from, where already has it, and if we have more of it but people have not got the usual symptoms and thought to get a test.

I know it's not in yet, but I've just been shopping, hardly anyone was wearing a mask in the shops (but yes, it's not in yet, and they weren't busy) and no-one on PT was (from the buses I saw) where it's still been basically suggested all the time. It will be interesting to see how this changes.