Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 22:10   #7465
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
OB in springing to the Conservatives defence shocker.

At least you admit they ignored every pandemic preparedness plan ever written in history and acknowledge the plan for mass infection, and hoping for the best. Also known as the “herd immunity” plan.
The Conservatives, my party, got two things right:

1. Leaving the EU, saddled as they were with May's Withdrawal Agreement;

2. COVID vaccinations after the floundering jfman has described.

They are now getting a number of things wrong, but the elephant in the room is the debt accrued during lockdown. I'm sure the Guvmin knows stuff that we can only glean from leaks or very wise economists - stuff future about interest rates and balancing debt paydown (over as long a period as possible, like 50 years) with levelling the economy around the country.

I believe that capital borrowing makes sense but they don't have seem to havea plan for building new industry in the North.

They also have no idea how to deal with power demands. Bloweth not the wind, shineth not the sun and where's the nuclear/gas/coal to supplement the void?

Boris spouts on about the climate with absolutely no control over China/India and no policy for making washing machines in the UK.

As for Labour, they'd be even worse as they squabble about increasing wages whilst reducing productivity.

We're doomed!

My advice is at your risk.