View Single Post
Old 29-01-2022, 10:38   #285
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
If you have missed the news recently you'll see plenty of corruption in government and police inaction in the UK.
As for underage sex.... Andrew ahem.

Anyway I got a far better deal with an overseas agent than the UK based one.

But don't let facts get in the way of an attitude.
Yes, sadly you're right, such attitudes are seeping into British society.

There's a difference between going with a 17 year old and a 13 year old, even if both were illegal at the time at the place where the act took place.

If you feel that you get a good service from offshore call centres, that's great, but I and many, many others haven't and a quick Internet search will show you this.

Most of my interactions have been negative, so my 'attitude' is entirely justified. I have now been given a contact at the office of the CEO so that I no longer have to deal with them, however, this doesn’t stop outbound sales calls that I choose to have.

Just a couple of stunts that offshore outbound staff have tried to pull on me are:

- If I took Sky Cinema, as a special offer, VOD would be free, when it's usually changed for.

- That they were "upgrading me' from Full House, meaning that I would be losing the children's channels (and paying £9 a month more)! This was phrased as though I didn't have a choice. When I told her to leave my account alone, she said that, if I allowed her to go ahead, I would escape the forthcoming price rise.

So, in order to stop my bill from going up by £6 from March, I could start paying £9 straight away in return for less channels (which I had to clarify because she wasn't going to.mention this). I'm not sure if they are genuinely unintelligent, don't fully understand what they are coming out with or believe that people in the UK are unintelligent.

What I do know is that this sly behaviour will be being done to get their stats/commission up and that it's their vulnerable customers who will lose out.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 29-01-2022 at 10:47.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote