View Single Post
Old 28-03-2023, 15:23   #4309
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
You wilfully misrepresent what I said. My point was that if Forbes was chosen, she would have been a liability relating to progressive social issues that are important to a significant number of (younger) Scottish voters. You may not personally appreciate this point but it does not make me wrong.

I think you need to appreciate that other people can have different viewpoints and not always conclude that yours is always the only authoritative one.
I appreciated your point perfectly well, and I disagree with it. The SNP would not have struggled with a socially conservative leader running it despite the views of younger voters. The polling data doesn’t support that view. In addition to what I’ve already posted, you can also add the fact that Scotland, as in the rest of the UK, has a turnout bias towards older voters.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote