View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 02:33   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Christian Eriksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thing is, nobody knows when a heart problem will occur. It's probably less likely at a football ground where I imagine the participants will be fairly fit. It would probably be more useful to put defibrillators at the smoking areas of pubs!

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Looks like it, it was working when I posted it.

There's plenty of footage remaining on YouTube for anyone who wants to see it; just do a search for the players name.
I did actually think about saying putting them inside McDonalds as an example. Wouldn't be a good advert for their products though

Thinking about it, years ago I recall reading that there was a scheme to strategically place defibrillators where under stress middle aged people are likely to congregate.

---------- Post added at 02:33 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
While there is no script if a player has a horror leg break it’s deliberately not replayed.

Similarly the horror crash at the Bahrain Grand Prix last year wasn’t shown until it was clear Grosjean had freed himself from the car and walked into the medical car.

I would imagine players (after all, it could be any of them) and the Danish FA will make representations to UEFA and that if a similar incident were to happen again we would see wider angles and a less voyeuristic director. I could be wrong though, and hopefully we don’t find out.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

At the point I posted there’d been a number of positive statements about his condition but for the avoidance of doubt I wish him a speedy recovery.
Well, the team doctor has now said that he actually died on the pitch, so the only way is up after that!

I wonder if he had or will talk about any NDE as this is something i've been researching lately.

Not everyone appears to have one and, of those that do, many don't talk about it out of embarrassment or fear of ridicule.