View Single Post
Old 28-08-2019, 21:08   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Name 5 directors you would love to talk to

I think the Marvel Films definitely have a formula they work too. They have similar tones and structure to each other. They tend to have the quippy characters having lighthearted moments with one another which helps you bond with them as characters. It's a franchise which sorta limits the Directors and puts them on rails to adhere to the overall project.

What is undeniable about them though is how well they execute on that. Other films have clearly tried to ape that formula and fallen flat on their face, it always seem forced whereas it comes naturally to Marvel. You know it's going to be a fun few hours at the cinema when the Marvel logo comes up.

I also think the MCU itself is a pretty extraordinary achievement in cinema, to build this world where people drop in and out of various films and it feels like one-piece. I think that is the more stand-out aspect of the whole thing than any one of the films.

Obviously as well as Feige you have Favreau who seems a key element of that team. I also think Joss Weldon , although he never gets credit since he fell out with Marvel, deserves a lot of credit because so much of a character interaction is very much his style established in the first two Avengers films.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote