Old 10-05-2023, 14:47   #5
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: V6 or 360 poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I much prefer the 360 box. The profiles are extremely useful for keeping my wife's viewing separate from mine, and we have a third profile for the viewing we do together. The voice commands are also useful for finding programmes you want and for navigation generally.

My wife's watchlist is so long now, she couldn't find a programme she'd watched the day before, so I said that she should just say 'Find' and then the name of the programme, and hey presto, there it was.

The UI is much better, modern, and feels uncluttered.

The main reasons people give for preferring the TiVo is that is has an 'undelete' and a wishlist function. I used those only occasionally and I don't really don't miss it. When I do delete a programme by mistake, I generally find it anyway when I search for it.

The 360 also has the Disney+ and Paramount+ streamers, which I don't think the V6 has.

Yes, the TiVo has one or two features that the 360 doesn't, but the 360 also has features which the TiVo doesn't. It's different software, so it's not going to be exactly the same.

The previous issues relating to series links and the labelling of ‘new’ programmes so it didn’t re-record something you watched previously was resolved by Virgin a while back now.
The Series links on the 360 are pathetic.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote