Thread: 500M FTTP problems
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2023, 13:21   #12
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: FTTP problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
So an update.

I put my Hub into Router mode earlier today and I put my Asus Router with a fixed IP into the DMZ.

Result:
The BQM is much smoother, but I'm a bit confused as the BQM for the Asus Router is also now similarly smoothed.

As SnoopZ says, your graphs look normal ... for VM. If you saw my BQM for my Vodafone\Cityfibre connection, normal would have a different meaning.

I'm impressed that you managed to set up a DMZ when Hub 3 is in router mode! How does that work? Have you managed to devote one of the Hub 3 ethernet ports to your DMZ? With that setup, surely both your BQMs will be taking data from your WAN IP not your internal 192.168.*.* on the default subnet. Both will be similar if not identical.

You said you were confused. I probably confused you some more.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote