Thread: 500M FTTP problems
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2023, 11:07   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: FTTP problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
First of all I'm going to assume the your TBB graph looked much, much better than that before you moved away from Sky FTTC (Openreach Network). I'm also assuming that apart from the fact you now using the Virgin Media Hub you have changed nothing about your home network. Another thing: Are you connected to the router by wifi or Ethernet and if wifi, is your router placed in the best possible location?

What Virgin package are you on? Did you say you have been given Hub 3? Your BQM looks a lot like Hub 3 graphs before VM used a firmware modification to fix the issues with the Puma 6 chip. e.g. Your basic latency is not good! That was over four year ago. Have you tried a Hub 3 reboot, just incase?
From my experience and memory my graph didn't look as bad as that when I originally had the hub3 as a tester before the puma fix.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 22-02-2023 at 11:10.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote