Thread: Streaming Reacher
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 23:14   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Reacher

not really otherwise the only stuff I would be able to watch is documentaries. My realism factor isn't about whether the story/universe/world is realistic, it is about whether the events that transpire in that established world are realistic.

I could give you millions of examples but one will prove my point quite nicely. All my friends rant and rave about The Orville and say it is more like Star Trek than Discovery is. I tried it and couldn't get into it for two reasons. You for all intents and purposes have highly trained Starfleet officers who are constantly making inappropriate jokes either on the bridge during tense situations or during diplomatic talks. It wouldn't happen. Secondly, the sets and especially the bridge was too plain and simplistic and you can't believe it has all the necessary controls and functionality for a starship. It felt more like Red Dwarf to me than Star Trek. It looks like they have changed it for season 3.

It is all about watching something and immersing yourself in that universe and having things make sense based on the rules they establish. If someone does something which doesn't make sense and wouldn't happen, or similarly, something doesn't happen which you know should then it ruins it. You can laugh at me all you want but I just enjoy well made good quality stuff and if you want an example of what I think is the bees knees then look no further than The Expanse. The reason why I love the HISHEs on youtube and they make me laugh so much is because they pick up on all the stuff I think of while I am watching the film.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote