View Single Post
Old 10-03-2023, 20:58   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Cancel culture at the BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Free speech has no place in the new Brexit Britain.
Are you trying to imply this is the fault of Brexit, or just generally being an ass again ?

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
But the Gary Linker thing is completely pathetic. He isn't BBC News, he stated his opinion on his personal Twitter feed. Complete overaction and pandering to a few outraged idiots. I don't think his Tweet was very smart - comparing things to the Nazis is often silly - but it's not a reason to force him to step down from presenting a sports program.
Many companies have rules about what you can and cannot say on social media if its likely to damage the company reputation, and Im pretty sure the BBC recently said it was cracking down on this, so they had to take action.

Personally I just class him with many gobby "stars" who think just becasue they are famous they can post about politics. He should have stuck to football.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote