Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 15:18   #5906
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
New after years of testing and multiple hurdles to get over, but people weren't forced to have them against their will to keep their jobs.

Was it not the case that the amount of testing/trials is the same but compressed into a shorter time period? Everything i can find suggests that to be so

Certain NHS trusts already require clinical staff performing set procedures to have certain vaccinations, it's also a condition of employment for new clinical staff hires, failing to adhere means the offer of employment is withdrawn.

I don't see where the issue is ?

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Is there any evidence significant numbers of people in these sectors aren't getting vaccinated?

Entertainingly. JCVI are about to recommend against vaccinating children. So we invite more waves rather than herd immunity.

Good news for those that love a good lockdown to allow schools to act as petri dishes for new variants. Bad news for everyone that wants to move on.
There's a couple of reports flying around about low uptake of vaccination in care home workers.

EDIT: Here's one i found https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....07.21252972v1