Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 12:29   #4464
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Can someone please explain why vaccine passports are discriminatory?

Surely these are needed to protect people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Do you mean a vaccine passport to allow foreign travel, or a vaccine passport to go to the pub/theatre/football?

It will only be a few more months until most UK people have had their first jab.
Most children (apparently) will have already had Covid by then - if we go by the amount of positive tests in schools.

By the time vaccine passports are securely available - with safeguards for those 'unable' to be vaccinated and a method of stopping forgeries - there will be no need for one.

Foreign travel is another fish filled kettle altogether

I agree with Carth, some form of confirmation that a traveller may need to produce with their passport could well be required when travelling abroad but...

The only people who I can see who would have cause to not want a vaccination 'passport' for use to access places within the UK on are, on basic level, those who have refused the vaccinations and fear that their freedom to do what they want in future could be curtailed.

On another level I do wonder what difference they would make as we don't yet know how long a vaccination would provide sufficient antibodies to give any long term protection and a vaccine passport could promote a false sense of security.

I also wonder how detailed and verifiable any 'passport' would be, without a photograph they would just become something that was as much use as a blank piece of paper. A full blown secure document which would have to be updated and renewed would cost a lot of money and I doubt if a lot people would be able to bear the cost. If the cost was hived off to private Government appointed firms then the experiences with the obscene profits made by organisations set up to deal with track and trace, for example, are anything to go by I can understand some people saying that they disagree with such passports being considered.