View Single Post
Old 28-05-2023, 10:56   #2119
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Been thinking through the options that may have to be used to allow a forum such as ours survive this Bill, and, taking Richard's suggestions into account.

Some people have to wait years to get an official diagnosis, how would that effect rulings on perceved transgressions. Guilty untill proved innocent?

Will all our posts have to be vetted before posting is approved? Or maybe we would all have to inform the owners of any medically confirmed conditions so that they could be taken into account in order to excuse any one who appears to relish making condescending and unpleasent personal comments? Would there need to be some form of moderator's decision added to such posts that are then allowed to be viewed?

Maybe members could be required to list any relevant conditions in their signatures to explain why their posts are acceptable. ...I am sure none of use would ever wish to have this imposed I know I wouldn't.

IMHO What ever solution is chosen there would be a detrimental effect on the flow on any discussions/debates.
You make some very important points and raise some very relevant questions.

Whatever is done will have to comply with other regulations such as GDPR, the Equalities Act etc.

Some time back, an excellent point was made about a situation where a forum pre-approved all comments before publication in order to comply with the various requirements.

By doing this they are effectively endorsing what is said and could become liable for action to be taken against them for doing so should a subsequent complaint be made.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote