View Single Post
Old 13-07-2012, 22:42   #368
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN may lose EPL Football(Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
i wish people would stop calling them Rangers
Rangers are no more the club they are trying to get in the SFL is a new club born from the assets that use to be Rangers.
they have not even choosen a name for the new club yet.
You are correct however the SFA, SPL, SFL, newspapers, radio stations, TV channels, websites, Rangers fans and the vast majority of Scottish football fans still recognise this newco as Rangers. You'll be fighting a losing battle trying to change peoples minds on this.

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Nobody's child

Are we guessing new names?
Relegated Already Now, Get Exquisite Revenge Someday Football Club?
I quite liked the very catchy "The Rangers Football Club" that Charles Green came up with a few weeks back

I really hope the SFA and Stewart Regan accept todays ruling but the statement on the BBC website suggests more messing with the leagues due next week:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18838183

"Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game."

We do have a very clear outcome. 10 of 12 SPL clubs voted against Rangers entering into the SPL. 25 of 30 SLF clubs voted for Rangers to join the 3rd division. Scottish football fans are happy. Rangers fans are happy. Ally McCoist stated "I fully supported the fans' views that starting again in Division Three maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on." Charles Green stated ""We are a football club and we just want to get back to playing football. Now is the time to move on and start afresh."

The SFA and Stewart Regan need to stop this now! Lets move forward and try and keep what very little diginity Scottish football has left in tact.