Thread: Pronouns
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2022, 20:31   #99
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Aside from wokery/gammonism(*), there is a genuine use for this. Working in a multinational company, and communicating mainly by email, I can't tell the gender of many of my colleagues from their name. Yes, you can always work around it, but knowing the pronoun to use makes things easier.

(* Have I offended everyone yet?)
I’ve worked in a multinational company and communicated mainly by email for 27 yrs.

Never needed a pronoun indicator to verify somebody’s sex*

(* sex, as the word gender has been hijacked to be meaningless construct about how a person feels) - hope I haven’t offended anyone! If I have I don’t care.