View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 12:11   #40
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S Midterms - Democrats hold Senate, Republicans take House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
She has said she will still caucus with the Democrats

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law...to-independent

The VP still has the Casting Vote, though…
Only in a tie result & not all the time she won’t and Manchin, usually has his dem colleagues in a fix when he declares he wont vote with them.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It doesn’t really counter my point though, does it. Trump-backed candidates have underperformed in these elections, even in places where non-Trumpite Republican candidates have done well. The personal decision of a senator to ditch the Dem whip is interesting in its own right but doesn’t contradict the observation that there is limited appetite in the country for MAGA/Trump republicanism.

Plus, as Hugh has pointed out, the VP has the casting vote in the senate so the Dems still have control.
Yes it does, I was making the point, which still stands, Dems have 50 seats again, not 51.

No need to mention Trump, I never brought him up, so I don’t give one iota, about where Trump/MAGA standing is right now & never have.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote