View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 21:00   #5
45rpm
45RPM

45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them45rpm has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Community Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
That's a strange one. I was going to suggest PM'ing a mod but presumably you can't if locked out. Not sure how the spam detection works there but others more in the know on here may be able to suggest something.

Ha Ha; you're right, I can not PM anyone because I am locked out.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Are you using a VPN and is this the message you get?
We are sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.
You have been banned for the following reason:

IP range known for spam.
No not at all, they do not mention IP or IP range.

Quote:
If it is turning your VPN off will fix the problem.
I wish.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The forum doesn't say you have been banned. djm may be onto something.
When I try an log on it most certainly does say I have been banned.

Quote:
Try logging in from a different device / IP address
I tried logging on at work today (as opposed to home) and got same result. So I think it's me personally that's considered the bad guy

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Thank you everyone for prompt replies and suggestions.

To any new readers not wanting to read all of the above: I have been banned from the VM official forum for allegedly spamming when I have only ever written one question and never replied to anything.

I guess I could rejoin that forum under a different username and email. However (silly me) all my emails accounts are with VM. So they could possibly twig that it is still me.

Unlikely but if anyone from VM should read this: this might be the final nail in the coffin for me; your products are good but the word "customer" seems to be non existent in the VM world.

Incidentally, if anyone has a 360, you may find my question in that dark place interesting.
And in fairness, the reply was informative. The thread is titled "How much power does my box use"
45rpm is offline   Reply With Quote