View Single Post
Old 28-07-2022, 21:40   #1846
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Can the police keep us safe? is a series on Radio 4. This mornings episode explained that more and more crime is taking place online and that some websites are reluctant to pass on details to the police, which the Online Safety Bill hopes to improve:
I am not a lawyer, so don't quote me on this, but I don't think any site has to give the police any information unless there is a court order or subpoena or something?

Certainly copyright companies and the City of London police have tried to get information from registrars and such with official looking letters when there was actual no authority behind them, with the hope of fooling them in to giving up information voluntary.

So if my assumption is correct, any information giving is voluntary unless there is a legal requirement.

Even so, its only going to catch the low hanging fruit of stalking ex's and stupid people saying stupid things. A professional troll is going to be using a VPN and fake details on every site so unless they slip up somewhere, there is not a lot of information to give.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote