View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 11:02   #1168
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
These new laws aim to protect the vulnerable, including children, from harmful content.
Yes, Richard, but if the laws go too far, the implications are unacceptable. There is a difference between behaviour that is designed to cause hurt, anxiety and suffering, and normal behaviour, which is to challenge the opinions expressed by others.

The 'right to be offended' brigade take exception to referring to non-white people as 'coloured' but are happy for them to be referred to as 'people of colour'. What kind of idiotic nonsense is this?

People who deliberately cause offence to others in a malicious way need to be dealt with, but we don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, do we?

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I do hope that this is a success as, if it isn't, I fear that the days of people being able to interact freely could be numbered.
I am afraid that this is probably the likely outcome of this proposed legislation. The law of unintended consequences.