View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 15:42   #786
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble View Post
Yes, many games have dropped in price recently, but not down to £25 the week after release in a number of retailers. I saw this on a few retailers sites for under £20 just a 2 or 3 weeks after release. This is normally the sign of a game that hasn't done well. Look at the figures and then tell me it's done well. Compare this to Left 4 Dead, which was released the week after Mirrors Edge and they can't match demand. It's still priced at about the same level as when it was released, because so many want it.
To be fair I never said it had done well. I was just trying to point out reasons why it may have not. I still stick to my guns that it was a poor time to release. I still think it would have had better sales (Not saying brillinat sales) if it had been released another time.

It also still has its PC release yet to see if it can pick its sales up from that platform.

Also some people are reluctent to change and that with the fact the game was a bit short explains a little more why it may have not done so well.

Left 4 Dead is another pick up and play shooter which almost always do well especially mulitplatforms shooters. Its also a great game to play with friends and alot of gaming is MP this gen so that will also have boosted its sales.

So to sum-up I still really, really enjoyed the game. It was fresh and new. It brought new aspects to a game and showed you a diffrent way to play games and that it does not always have to be shoot this or shoot that.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote