View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 10:25   #3
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: This NI increase for Social/Health Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
I'm against it, not because I don't favour tax increases per se....but that current proposals argue towards the 25m that work and spare pensioners.

It is a reality that when you reach state retirement age (currently 66) you cease paying NI thus your costs decrease by at leat 10%.

Yet at least half of those that might need social care are pensioners, why is it the rest of the working population should be poorer to provide this kind of care for many of them?

I don't buy into this nonsense that they have paid in all their lives, they were never promised to be personally looked after or live as long.

For me the contrat has changed, people are living longer and need to accept and contribute towards that.

I'm in my late 30s, with no children and its likely I will have paid in more as a percentage of my lifetime income that pensioners of today.......why should I be poorer as a result to fund the care they might need when they wont?

The reality is that young people now only just about afford to rent, yet they seemingly face being poorer to fund social care for pensioners who want to avoid a bill so they can pass on their home to their family.

I'm sick to death of being expected to bear the costs of the silver generation they did not plan for.

Lets be real here, social care needs are a white problem where white families outsource the care to other people....its very much a privilige matter.

For me its a red line, I have no issue to pay more in NI but so must those post 66!
and your income drops to £175 per week.