View Single Post
Old 31-01-2023, 21:55   #6
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Smart Meters, Who Has them Now.

I used to, now don't

was with british gas years ago, they fitted one, switched supplier, they didn't use them

had to switch supplier again, few years ago, new supplier couldn't use old smart meteres, so sent enginner round to install new type.

he put new bits again at gas and electric meter, "finished" installation, but couldn't connect to the suppliers network (the engineers are outsourced rather than working for the power supplier) said problem at their end, nothing more he could do, but could give readings as before. Said the electricity meter was connecting, but gas wasn't (or vice versa)

so he told me to contact them and when they were ready they're send an engineer again.

so, several months of sending msgs, trying to phone, whatsapp, photos of the meters, explaining what had happened, a colleague had same issue, same supplier, used a complaint website, got some money back, but basically for some unknown reason the new smart meters don't work in my house, which is what 2 colleagues were told, same supplier!

odd the old style worked, so still giving readings now and again!
admars is offline   Reply With Quote