View Single Post
Old 28-06-2022, 07:12   #2862
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Labour, I would argue, are still behind - even after all the shit thrown at Boris - I would also argue that the longer Boris resists all that is thrown at him - the more he will gain.
At the moment the polls and the results in by-elections suggest a hung Parliament with Labour as the largest party though. That's not because Labour is barnstorming its way back to popularity but because they have recovered from the Corbyn association and because Starmer doesn't scare people from voting Liberal Democrat. The Tories are losing some Red Wall voters back to Labour and some of their traditional seats to the Liberals.

Quote:
There is, without doubt, a movement to oust Boris. A democratically elected PM ( that in my
opinion should be removed democratically) but his enemies don’t want that test……..I wonder why?
His enemies in the party don't want it because they're worried about losing seats. Labour would want an election now. Why wouldn't they? Be great timing for them.

But it's not undemocratic for a party to depose their Prime Minister. It's happened to so many Prime Ministers. Johnson himself was part of the clique that removed May. Blair had to make way for Brown. Thatcher was booted out as well and so on.