View Single Post
Old 29-05-2023, 17:11   #5152
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't think anyone was saying that, Old Boy. JLR has the bulk of its operations here so it made sense for its battery supplier to be in this country too as that keeps transport costs down. Having Spain in its back pocket as an option was sensible and likely helped ensure such a generous subsidy.

What is becoming clear is that international motor manufacturers looking to locate new car plants in Europe are giving Brexit Britain the cold shoulder. Witness Tesla and BYD who ruled out the UK due to Brexit. That's not naysayers making predictions, that's the car manufacturers themselves.
https://carnewschina.com/2023/03/13/...due-to-brexit/

On travel, the EU and non-EU queues were of equal length when I visited Porto last month. But we did have to wait whilst our passports were stamped whilst those in the EU queue just walked through. But at least the passport machines worked better than those in Gatwick.

I think things will get slower for UK visitors with the new visa system but I think I heard this might be postponed until after the 2024 Paris Olympics.
We win some, we lose some. There’s nothing new in that.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Artistic licence, who said

The day after we leave, we hold all the cards

There will be no downsides, only considerable upsides

Leaving will be quick and easy, the UK holds most of the cards

and I don't think it particularly fair that you've called a large chunk of the voting public brain less, it's not their fault they were lied to and deceived and it's not remainer nonsense to want politicians held accountable for what they've promised, not sure why you'd think differently tbh
By both sides. It happens at elections all the time and it is magnified at referendums.