View Single Post
Old 29-05-2023, 11:32   #5147
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I mentioned that because all the naysayers were predicting that we wouldn’t get a deal like this post Brexit. They seem to have gone a bit quiet.

The company have assessed Britain as being a more viable option than Spain.
I don't think anyone was saying that, Old Boy. JLR has the bulk of its operations here so it made sense for its battery supplier to be in this country too as that keeps transport costs down. Having Spain in its back pocket as an option was sensible and likely helped ensure such a generous subsidy.

What is becoming clear is that international motor manufacturers looking to locate new car plants in Europe are giving Brexit Britain the cold shoulder. Witness Tesla and BYD who ruled out the UK due to Brexit. That's not naysayers making predictions, that's the car manufacturers themselves.
https://carnewschina.com/2023/03/13/...due-to-brexit/

On travel, the EU and non-EU queues were of equal length when I visited Porto last month. But we did have to wait whilst our passports were stamped whilst those in the EU queue just walked through. But at least the passport machines worked better than those in Gatwick.

I think things will get slower for UK visitors with the new visa system but I think I heard this might be postponed until after the 2024 Paris Olympics.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote