View Single Post
Old 18-05-2022, 17:42   #1330
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, that’s certainly been your interpretation of what I’ve been ‘harping on about for seven years’, but that’s because you have this hang up with the word ‘linear’ and you’ve taken the argument too far. I keep trying to explain to you what I am referring to, but you have not been listening.

I have tried to use different language to help you to figure it out like ‘conventional broadcast channels’, etc, but I seem to be spitting in the wind.

For the very last time, I am referring to existing terrestrials and other free and pay tv channels available through the EPG, and I am saying that when they go IPTV, as they will, they will lose their channel distinctions and we will be offered content from that organisation (like, BBC, ITV, Sky, etc) by content rather than by channel.

It’s all I am saying. By my reckoning, it will happen by 2035.
It’s not an interpretation, OB, it’s observable reality. You are persistently and intentionally evasive when it comes down to using very specific definitions of very specific terms.

I’m at a loss as to where Pluto TV fits into this and how it’s distinguishable - if it even is at all - from linear (using the generally accepted definition) broadcasts over IP and why it will be viable for Pluto but not some of the biggest businesses in the market.

Last edited by jfman; 18-05-2022 at 17:47.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote